| GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Road and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area. |
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit-310, MO
Leads monthly general ledger closing and financial reporting process in accordance with established timelines. Manages monthly account reconciliation and analysis in accordance with department policy. Ensures integrity and completeness of integrated accounting structure so financial activity of companies can be accurately reported. Provides analysis and definition of fixed versus variable cost structures within the companies. Develops and implements cost allocation methodologies. Responsible for maintenance and set up of general ledger accounts, budget centers, organizations and cost pools. Assists Controller in ensuring and enhancing the control environment.
• Leads monthly general ledger closing process in accordance with established departmental timelines. Oversees financial statement preparation and ensures statements are completed in accordance with Accounting Principles Generally Accepted in the United States. Verifies accuracy and timeliness of statements. Reviews monthly financial statements with Controller and Vice President, Chief Actuary/CFO.
• Oversees monthly general ledger account reconciliation and analysis. Works with Controller in establishing timelines for completing and reviewing reconciliations in accordance with departmental policy. Maintains mechanism for tracking reconciliation status. Performs timely review of assigned reconciliations and follows up on variance resolution.
• Manages work of subordinate employees. Plans and carries out the training and development of employees. Evaluates employees’ work performance and recommends promotions or disciplinary actions. Ensures subordinate employees maintain current desk level procedures.
• Reviews monthly Facilities Cost of Capital calculation prepared by General Ledger Accountant. Verifies Facilities Cost of Capital rate semi-annually in the Federal Register.
• Researches and analyzes fluctuations between current period financial results compared to prior year, prior month and budgeted amounts and reports significant variances to the Controller.
• Prepares monthly pharmacy rebate analysis of earned but not received for distribution to Controller, Vice President, Chief Actuary/CFO, Director, Data Analytics and Director, Pharmacy.
• Assists Controller in formulating cost allocation methodology for each budget center by understanding operations and work performed. Recommends direct or indirect cost allocation approach for various GEHA and subsidiary product lines. Reviews cost structure with Controller at least annually to ensure proper allocation of costs for financial reporting purposes and maintains documentation on the allocation structures.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining cost pool structure in general ledger accounting system. Collects and maintains necessary information for all service center bases. Ensures monthly base information for service centers is input timely and according to agreed-upon allocation methodology. Advises Controller of significant fluctuations in the monthly base information.
• Determines general ledger components necessary for maintenance of accounts, reference numbers, organizations, budget centers and financial statement detail lines. Ensures appropriate changes are made in accounting software as business needs dictate. Performs testing of changes made to verify accurate setup.
• Responsible for maintenance of fixed versus variable cost structure definitions for each expense item by company. Analyzes cost structure and provides analysis and trends to Controller.
• Assists Controller in preparation of financial forecasts as directed. Uses forecasting tools to help project impact of cost allocations on all product lines and/or companies.
• Assists Controller in ensuring and enhancing the control environment and compliance in safeguarding the company’s assets and accurate financial reporting. Presents recommendations for controls and process improvements to Controller for consideration and assists in implementation.
• Maintains policies and procedures to support position and to ensure compliance objectives are met.